- also Frilka, Floyarka, an open-ended flute with six finger holes.
– a Ukrainian version of the hammer dulcimer.
– a Hutsul version of the alpine horn (alphorn).
- a simple horn, can be made out of oxen's horns, wood or metal.
– chromatic button accordion.
- traditional New Year celebration taking place on January 13 (New Year Eve according to the Julian calendar). On this day men dressed up as various characters and accompanied by musicians go from house to house singing a special Melanka song to bring fortune in the new year and acting out short plays. They also play all sorts of pranks and practical jokes.
- a shack at an alpine pasture where Hutsul shepherds live and make cheese from end of May to late September.
- a traditional Hutsul wooden saddle. Its design makes it well-suited for transporting goods on mountain paths, impassable for wagons.
– a traditional double-bag made of wool carried over tghe shoulder or fastened to babka saddle on a horse.